Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Why do American Muscle fans hate Import Tuners so much?

This is a question that I don't ever get. It might be personal preference but it's extremely public everywhere, especially YouTube. True, Import Tuner drivers might spend more money trying to pimp out their ride by customizing the appearance (add spoilers, lower suspension, colored rims, bigger and louder exhaust) and barely anything on the performance portion, but still does that mean they still should be hated for it? Another term comes to mind when thinking of Import Tuners, and that's Ricers. Technically, 'ricers' isn't a word but people just use the word 'ricers' to describe asian drivers who like to tune and customize their import tuner cars and think they look and cool and stuff. RICE, stands for: Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement, and they add a 'r' to the end because...I actually don't know why, it's just...the rule I guess. I'm guessing overall, in general, American Muscle drivers absolutely HATE Ricers because import tuner drivers tend to just go all out on appearance but barely do anything on the performance part. Like you'll sometimes see, on the road, well probably most the time, a Honda Civic or an Accord and it'll have a spoiler, lowered suspension, body kit, EXTREMELY LOUD exhaust but if you challenge them to a race, you end up smoking them. THAT'S the problem right there. Some ricers think they're cool and show off their 'shit' in the streets just because they catch a lot of attention just based on their car appearance but not actual outstanding performance. For me, I personally think that SOME ricers (I hate using the word ricers but I'm just used to it, or else I would call them import tuner drivers) go way overboard with their cars and don't give a shit about their engines/performance but some people actually DO know how to tune and customize their cars. Lastly, I don't hate ALLricers because my uncle coincidentally also owns a honda civic, fully customized in terms of appearance and performance, so therefore perhaps he is a ricer (haha) but my interest in cars started from getting rides in his civic so yes, I would also settle down for a JDM (modded Japanese cars) car IF I didn't love American Muscle so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment