Sunday, December 18, 2011

Crazy Ass Day with relatives

So...I spent my Sunday before the school finals with my dad and my relatives because we were supposed to celebrate my birthday. But instead, what did I get? a bunch of bullshit about my car, in other words, they were indirectly telling me that I had no idea how to drive stick shift. So my dad brings us (my sister and I) over to my relative's house and the first thing that happens is we have a half an hour conversation about my car. I had printed out a paper with the list of problems my car has and my grand uncle starts lecturing me about each one. Even my aunt, when she saw that one of the problems was the cigarette burner fuse, she coldly asked me "what do you need a cigarette burner fuse for?". But then my dad took over so I didn't have to answer her. So then my grand uncle kept on lecturing me about how I was shifting wrong and all that shit and I was thinking to myself "Why are you teaching me how to shift when now, in the present, I drive a stick shift car more than you do?" He was telling me how if first, second, third, AND fourth gear grinds, to first step in on the clutch the first time, shift into gear, and if the gear doesn't lock in (grinds), then move the stick back to neutral, step on the clutch again, then shift into gear again. Well guess what? I already knew that, like two months ago and have been doing it ever since. He also told me a bunch of other stuff and at that time, I was already like OMG STOP TELLING ME THIS, I ALREADY KNOW IT ALL. At then end, when I tried to reason with him, he asked me "then why bother buying a stick shift car when you don't know how to drive one?" At this point in time, when he said it, I was speechless. Here I am, LISTENING to him TELLING ME HOW TO DRIVE A STICK SHIFT when I have been driving a stick shift every single day of the week for at least 5 months. I also thought "well first of all, If I DIDN'T know how to drive a stick shift, WHY would I have bought a stick shift car in the first place and to waste seven grand on it?" So that whole conversation in total took about half an hour to 45 minutes. The funny part was, my first aunt came out first, asked about the car. Then later, my grandma came out and did the same. Third, my grand uncle came out, guess what happened? yep, he did the same thing. Then lastly, my second aunt came out, I don't even need to tell you what happened. By that time, I just gave her the piece of paper with all the problems on it, I didn't even say a word to her. I was asked the same damn question four times by four different people in less than 5 minutes, doesn't anyone find that to be a bit too annoying? I know that they wanted to show care by asking me how I was doing with the car but four times? Seriously? Come on. So then afterwards, we finally went out for lunch, and then the next thing happens. Ok, I'll just first put out that, other than 2 iPhone 4's, my relatives do not own ANY apple products. So my sister asked my dad for a Macbook Pro 15' for christmas, and I asked for an iPad 2 32GB Wifi+3G (I already have an iPad 2 myself so I got it for my mom). So then, my dad told both my aunts to check the pricing and specs for the macbook pro models they had. Since my relatives didn't know that I had a macbook, I couldn't tell them that I've used Apple laptops my whole life so I couldn't add any other input. So then they were asking my sister questions and all my sister told them was 'ask him, he's the one who knows.' So the good part was, I ended up telling them what my sister wanted and what my mom wanted so that went pretty smoothly. At first though, they were against my sister getting a macbook pro because they thought she didn't need that good of a computer. I was thinking well applications nowadays use up the computer's processor to it's best and a macbook pro is able to handle the usage pretty well. But then they kept on arguing until my dad said it was fine for her to get a macbook pro. We started eating lunch and then my dad brought up winter ball. Knowing that I didn't go to winter ball, I lied to him (yes, I lied to him, everyone lies to their parents at least once in a lifetime) saying that I had a stomach ache, blacked out on the sofa for half an hour (now this did really happen) and couldn't move because I felt paralyzed (I really couldn't feel my entire body, I was just laying there motionless). So then my aunt started blaming me for ditching my 'date' for the dance and I just started becoming really pissed because she told me to lie to my 'date' instead of telling her the truth about why I couldn't go to the 'winter formal dance' (I didn't go to the dance that night, my mom's company had a party and that's where my stomach ache started from). We argued for a good five minutes until we both got really pissed. I originally had an appetite still (I didn't eat that much to begin with) but then soon afterwards, I lost my appetite. Why? Because if I ever get super pissed while Im eating, I don't feel like eating anymore. Who was the only one who noticed that? My dad. Why? because the same thing happens to me, and he told everyone there that he had my type of personality when he was younger so he knew exactly how I felt at the time. I told him 'dad, our generation is way different from your generation now. the overall concepts are different now, everything has been changed. it's not the same as the past anymore.' So then after we finished lunch, got back to my relative's house, coincidentally their son got back home and so that's when all my relatives told me to tell him about my car problems. I told him only one problem: um...first, second, third, fourth, and reverse gears all grind. I need to have the gear synchro checked out. JUST from telling him that, he gave me a O_O expression and paused for a moment, then afterwards said wow, you may have to change the entire engine then, that's several thousands...ok well see when you're available in the next few weeks, we can take it over to a friend in San Jose to get the car checked out. I was like FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS HOW FUCKING SERIOUS THIS IS, GOD. My main point is, NONE of my relatives actually knew how serious the problem is, only he did, which I was VERY thankful for. So I'm going to take in my car to a repair shop, get it checked out, perhaps if I'm lucky enough, even get it tuned also and see what happens afterwards. In the mean time, I plan on having Zelly drive my car once more, and this time HOPEFULLY, get her driving on the streets to get a real feel of the car when it's in crappy condition. My reason for this is, once she gets the feel for the car when it's in horrible condition, after I get my car fixed up, I'll let her drive it again and see how she feels about it.

My main point is, I'm very disappointed in the fact that...my relatives still don't understand that I am now driving a stick shift more than they are, and yet they are still teaching me how to properly drive a stick shift when I drive it every day of the week except the weekends (sometimes even on the weekends, depending on what it is) to school. Like I said above, if I didn't know how to drive stick shift, yeah, I would wisely spend the seven grand on an automatic car, rather than wasting it on a stick shift car and just letting it sit there. Also, I was also pissed at the fact that my aunt told me to lie to Zelly rather than just telling her the truth. I know that Zelly knows that I would never lie to her because I am just not that kind of person to lie to friends like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment