Saturday, December 17, 2011

Limo Fun

Today, me and a few friends celebrated my birthday (wednesday of this week) by taking a Hummer 20 passenger limousine to Monterey Bay 17 mile and back. It was a rush since the morning because I had to pick my friend Brooke up from school and I had to pick up my other friend Zelly from her house. So I left my house at around 9:20, got to the starbucks in Saratoga Downtown at 9:30, and got to Zelly's house at around 9:40-9:45 (yes, I was excessively speeding like always, that's how I got to her house so fast). So after I picked both of them up, I sped back to my house and got back before 10:00, knowing that I still had 10 minutes to spare. Then something bad happened. My best friend Austin told my mom to call his mom because something had happened. In the mean time, my mom told me to bring both Brooke and Zelly to chill at the Safeway near my house and get some food to eat. We spent a good 20 minutes there in total then afterwards rushed back to my house because the limo had just gotten to the house. So we went back, I was surprised at how big it was (abnormally larger than a regular sized limousine) when I saw it in front of my house. So then probably about 10-15 minutes passed, Austin finally got to my house, and we were on our way to Monterey Bay. Nothing fun quite happened until we got onto the highway. We started blasting music and all three of them were just...uh(thinking)...crazy. Knowing me, I was just sitting there, silent the whole time watching them be crazy (i'm not the crazy kind if you were to know me at all). So we were pretty much just blasting music and singing along to it the whole way there. When we entered Monterey, we spent about 10 minutes trying to find somewhere to sit down and eat. We walked up and down the street once and found a few recognizable fast food restaurants but we decided with good old Round Table Pizza. We went in, ordered our food, sat down, and started eating. Lunch took about half an hour and after that, we headed over to Walgreens which wasn't too far from us (it was at most, a block away). We went to Walgreens, bought some drinks and left the place in 10 minutes. We then called the driver and told him to pick us up to go to 17 mile drive. The 17 mile drive was just amazing, and we got extremely lucky too. Most of the time, Monterey Bay is covered with fog and cloudy skies but today, to our luck, it was clear skies and sunny. We were originally planning to stop at 4 points but due to the amount of time we had, we only stopped at 2. The first one was Cypress point, and the second one was Ghost Trees. The main attraction at Cypress Point was a huge rock with a TON of sea otters and pelicans. There was no main object at Ghost Trees but the thing was there were a lot of dead trees with a bunch of branches and no leaves, but it had an amazing view of the bay and trees on either side of the vista point.

Trees, rocks, and a bit of ocean on the bottom left



More of the rocks and the ocean on the left, less of the tree



So after we had a good chance to look at the view from Ghost Trees, it was time we head back to Saratoga. So...when we were on our way back, most of us were tired by then, and Austin and Brooke head to the back of the limo to a secluded area where they pulled a curtain and secluded themselves from the rest of the car. That left me and Zelly, but Zelly was tired so she decided to take a nap. Me, having nothing to do and feeling a bit awkward, I took out my phone and earphones and started listening to music. After about four songs or so, I decided to play tap tap but for some strange reason, my phone was not sensing my finger touches so I kept on missing the notes even though I WAS touching the notes at the right timing. I ended up rage quitting (yes, I rage quit out of games, no big deal) and just sat there. While I was sitting there, I looked at Zelly a few times and saw that something was wrong. The sun was in her eyes and I knew that if she woke up with the sun in her eyes, it just wouldn't be pleasant. So I sat there for 10 minutes not knowing what to do. But then for some weird reason, I thought of using all the jackets/sweaters/sweatshirts that I brought (in case Austin felt that it was cold at Monterey), put them all on the windows, then rip the plastic bags we got from Walgreens, and tie the sleeves together to make a somewhat successful window curtain so that way the sun wouldn't be shining in her eyes when she woke up. So I spent about a good 10 minutes or so to do it because I tied the sleeves together but they were still falling down, so I ended up tying the tied up sleeves to the speakers so they wouldn't fall. In addition to that, I placed 2 water bottles each underneath the clothing so that way they would get elevation to completely block out the sun except for a few small holes.

wasn't perfect or anything but covered most of the sun


After that entire thing was done, Austin suddenly came out from the curtains, froze, looked at the windows, and complimented me on it. Coincidentally, right as he said that, one of them fell and I got pissed. After I put it back up, he complimented me even further and I just told him 'I just think that if she wakes up with the sun in her eyes, it'll be unpleasant.' So then after he went back, I told Brooke it was the most I could do, and she told me that it was a clever thing to do. To be honest, I didn't even think of doing that until...idk what sparked my brain on it. I just thought of putting up my clothing against the windows, I didn't know what got me to put the plastic bags to good use because it almost worked. Anyways, after that, we were pretty much 20 minutes away from Valley Fair (we changed the location on the way back) and she woke up. She didn't notice the 'curtains' which I was actually sort of thankful for because I didn't want her to know that I put it up. Pretty much the rest was a blast. They ended up rolling down the windows and wave at the cars driving past us, I ended up recording some cars driving past us with my phone out the window which was pretty insane to do. When we got to valley fair, I'll just say straight up it was hell. We ended up blocking traffic that was making a left turn into the plaza.

If there was one memory that I would remember from this trip...it would be...actually nevermind I'm not going to say it xP.

No comments:

Post a Comment