Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Things About My Car

So...I am very glad that I happen to own a mustang but...there's some problems with it, and not minor problems. MAJOR problems.

1. Gears grind
When out driving (sometimes, during the morning at around 8-9:00), when I'm driving in first gear and want to shift into second gear, I step in on the clutch and try shifting into second, but guess what? It WON'T go into second. As soon as you put the shifter down where second gear is supposed to go, it gets stuck and even when u want to force it to go into second gear, it stays there. Not ONLY does it stay there, it also makes this grinding sound (this has happened twice to second gear). I haven't even gotten to third gear yet, and believe me, third gear is the major pain in the ass. Sometimes, even when the engine is warmed up to normal temperatures, when the car is, say up to around...3000-3500 RPM, I shift up into third gear, but the same DAMN thing happens. This has also happened more than twice. The only one explanation I can think of for these two problems is because the gear synchronization is messed up, so I will need to replace it IF I don't want the gears to grind when I'm driving (trust me, when the gears grind, it just makes the driving part completely un-smooth (idc if that's not a word, I'm just going to use it).
Engine Part to be fixed?
Gear Synchronization

2. Engine makes continuous squeaking sounds when in first gear (or now, it's even when i'm driving on the road...)
So when I'm driving, say in a parking lot, I'm in first gear to start with. So I coast along in first gear. Now, if you have the windows open, you will hear this sound coming out from underneath the car but the thing is I just CAN'T figure out where it's coming from/where the problem is. So then, when I shift into second gear from first gear, it does the same thing. i don't know why that is, when I first got the car it didn't make that sound, and I know I haven't been treating the car badly at all (except when I'm speeding, but that's only to the clutch as far as i'm concerned, because I do speed shifting).
Engine Part to be fixed?
Transmission

3. Cigarette Burner Fuse
I have to get this fixed because what if I needed to charge my phone or I needed to use some sort of portable GPS? I can't. Why? Because my damn cigarette fuse is not functioning -___-. I tried plugging in this electronic device but it didn't work on my car, so I asked my good friend Austin to try it on his car. Within seconds of him having the device plugged into the fuse, and turning on the ignition, the device turns on and starts working. Even better for me (not).
Interior Car part to be fixed?
Cigarette Burner Fuse

4. The Clutch
I don't even need to explain this one at all, all because of one good reason. If the clutch doesn't work, then you can't even operate the car. All you can do once your clutch dies out on you is just turning on the car and leaving it for show. The only way how you can operate the car is if you know where the exact shift points are for each gear in the car so that you can do a clutchless shift (but I think, based on a bit of research that I did, shifting without the clutch actually does damage the engine). I'll admit that I was a bit rough on the clutch (when I raced some people) from doing speed shifting (but that's what you have to do if you want to get faster acceleration) but I guess that's why people don't race with stock clutches (they always get performance clutches, i'm a dumbass -____-). I have dumped the clutch a few times (from doing burnouts) but not enough times to completely ruin the clutch. I don't know what the previous owner of the car did to it but I"m pretty damn sure that that person did more to the clutch than I ever did (got that car when it had 133K miles, idk about now).
Car Part that needs to be fixed/replaced?
The Clutch

5. Timing Belt
This one doesn't need much explaining either. When I got the car, it already showed signs of it having cracks. It's simple. If the timing belt breaks, you won't even be able to get the car to move. It'll just be sitting there for show.
Engine part that needs to be replaced?
Engine Timing Belt

6. Brakes
Every day, when I drive this car, I feel as if...the car cannot really come to a stop unless you REALLY put pressure on the brakes, but then it sends the whole gravitational force forward and it just doesn't feel good. Also, the brakes have worn out so it makes that screeching sound, which hurts peoples' ears too.
Car Part needing to be replaced?
Brake Pads

7. Handbrake (A.K.A e-brake)
One day, in the morning, at 8:00 A.M., I found my car parked in the middle of the court where my house is. When I saw that THAT had happened, I was shocked. I sprinted back into my house, grabbed the keys, and again sprinted to my car to quickly drive it up my driveway and re-park it. When I got into the car, I checked on the handbrake. Weird thing is, the handbrake was pulled up, so I have no idea how the hell the car ended up sliding down from my driveway and onto the street.
Car Part needing to be checked?
Handbrake

Now I'll talk about the possible mods I would like to install on this car IF I do decide that I want to mod the car.
1. Short Shifter
I want to install a short shifter because of the way how the stock shifter was designed. I gotta say, it was designed horribly. You put a cup in the cupholder nearest to the shifter? Whenever I shift into second gear, or TRY to shift into second OR fourth gear, the shifter ALWAYS hits the cup. It's annoying and it is a HUGE hassle to deal with. With the short shifter, I can shift at shorter distances, which most probably would mean the possibility of completely dodging the cup, but maybe not. Even if it didn't, it would be easier trying to shift than the regular stock shifter.

2. Lower Gear Ratios
I'm looking installing at 3.73 gears because the higher gears I can possibly install in my car, the faster the car will get to it's top speed. It helps when racing against other people, because right now it takes about 5 to 6 seconds when I'm going from 0-60 mph flooring the gas pedal and shifting at my best. With 3.73 gears and other major engine parts installed, I can hit 60 mph in perhaps less than 5 seconds, but that's uncertain. My main goal to installing 3.73 gears is to just gain faster acceleration and to hit high speeds faster.

3. BBK cold air intake kit
There's really not much to say about this install, other than the fact that it will increase the amount of horsepower you have by 15-20 HP. The reason being is because, this cold air intake can take in more air, therefore more pressure and allow the engine to get more power compared to the stock air intake I have in my car.

4. Borla Exhaust Pipe
I want this appearance mod because first of all, the sound coming out of this exhaust pipe is just BEAST. I've seen a lot of people debating on whether or not to get this exhaust or the catback exhaust pipe, other people have recommended Borla more than catback because the Borla exhaust provides a deeper sound to the engine. Also, the Borla exhaust also provides extra horsepower because of the size, and because there is also an option for dual exhaust pipes, both of which are Borla of course. With these dual exhaust pipes, hell, the car would most likely be twice as loud and can also add more horsepower to the amount of horsepower my car already has.

5. Performance Clutch
I want this mod because then I can dump the clutch more and it also won't wear out as fast. Performance Clutch=more peel outs and possible drifting in the future. Talking about drifting...here's where the next mod comes into play.

6. Lower and Stiffer Suspension
Having lower and stiffer suspension just means that you can drift better rather than not having the suspensions lowered and not being able to drift as well.

7. Sway Bars
The only one reason I want sway bars is because this also helps with easier drifting. I don't know why that's the case but when people want to drift, they ALWAYS install sway bars.


In the end, I love Mustangs and I would hate to sell this car, but honestly if it's a car that I don't feel safe driving (and my dad doesn't want to be responsible for fixing the car), then I'm just going sell the car and get another used car (hopefully a mustang, but if not probably a Honda Civic Si '11 or older).

No comments:

Post a Comment