Sunday, December 4, 2011

future hobby: drift racing or drag racing? (and a side note)

YES, the title says it all, drift racing or drag racing as a future hobby? It is actually quite hard for me to choose in between these two options because first of all, the expense at which I will have to spend will most definitely be somewhat high and the amount of car modifications I'll have to do. I have been debating between these two subjects because I am very interested in drifting (even though I have no idea how to do it) and I have already been in some street races (similar to drag racing except it's illegal and it's on public roads). I know how to do burn outs, peel outs, burn outs leading into peel outs, making the tail of the car kick out left and right, etc, which basically means I can do drag racing but all there is to drag racing is just a straight strip of cement that's either an eighth of a mile long, a quarter of a mile long, or half of a mile long. As for drift racing, it's just basically a circuit (sometimes just an open lot with a course outlined by millions of cones) that you drift around in and also uses up tires VERY rapidly. The one thing that these two types of hobbies have in common though, is when some person knows what they are doing in either one of these activities, they get to know their car better, which is a key essential to how they should build up their car and what mods they have to install later on to increase their own enjoyment of their favorite hobby. As for me, I might consider being better off with drag racing because I already do sort of race other drivers on the streets so I know most of the basics for drag racing and as for drift racing, I will probably consider that as a "once-in-a-while" hobby to do.

Also, I wish my friend, Christina, all the best as she is starting school in a whole new environment in the world. Good luck to you Christina.

No comments:

Post a Comment